Customers will be able to buy up to three frozen ready meals for 1p from Iceland this week as part of efforts to help people cut costs.
Shoppers are able to access the offer online and can put up to three of the ready meals in their online basket when doing their weekly shopping.
The discount is available for orders from £25 and up from 1 November to 4 November.
Some of the frozen dinners included in the offer are lasagne, cottage pie and bangers and mash. Chicken stew and dumplings, toad in the hole and minced beef hotpot are also available options.
To get the offer, use the code READY1P at the checkout.
Richard Walker, managing director at Iceland, said: “Our customers told us that they really benefitted from our online 1p deal when we ran it with fresh veg, so we’re really pleased to offer it now on frozen ready meals.
“With research showing that people are giving up hot dinners due to cost-of-living concerns, offering frozen ready meals for 1p means shoppers can add them to their shop and freeze meals until they are needed.”
Iceland is currently encouraging families to take part in the Big Cooker Switch Off Challenge, which sees people ditch their ovens for more energy-efficient appliances to save money.
Research by Utilita, commissioned by Iceland, claims an electric cooker costs 87p per day to run on average, compared to 8p for a microwave.
Iceland Foods managing director, Richard Walker, said: “We must do what we can to save hot dinners.”
Walker added: “Our customers told us that they really benefitted from our online 1p deal when we ran it with fresh veg, so we’re really pleased to offer it now on frozen ready meals.
Here’s the full list of items included in the offer:
- Lasagne (£1.00, 500g)
- Spaghetti Bolognese (£1.00, 500g)
- Toad In The Hole (£1.00, 300g)
- Macaroni Cheese (£1.00, 500g)
- Chicken Curry & Rice (£1.00, 500g)
- Cheesy Beans and Sausages (£1.00, 500g)
- Cottage Pie (£1.00, 500g)
- Minced Beef Hotpot (£1.00, 500g)
- Sweet & Sour Chicken & Rice (£1.00, 450g)
- Bangers & Mash (£1.00, 400g)
- Shepherd’s Pie (£1.00, 500g)
- Vegetable Lasagne (£1.00, 500g)
- Chicken Stew and Dumplings (£1.00, 500g)
- Chicken Hotpot (£1.00, 450g)