Pub Landlord Lashes Out Over Fake Bookings At The Black Ladd Manchester

A furious pub landlord has called the bogus customer who booked 42 seats in his restaurant “disgusting”.

He was forced to turn away 47 paying customers last Tuesday at the Black Ladd in Shaw, Greater Manchester after a fake customer booked seven tables.
The booking was made online using fake ID and contact information.
Staff at the Black Ladd said the booking was made as a “deliberate” attempt to disrupt their trade.
Among those customers turned away were elderly regulars who always book for dinner on Tuesday evenings.
The hospitality trade is trying to get back on track after so much time during the pandemic where they were unable to open.
The Black Ladd public house issued a statement saying “All management and staff at The Black Ladd want to say a huge thank you to the individual or individuals who decided to use our online booking service to book tables using false information and wasting 42 seats in our restaurant yesterday. It’s not enough that our sector has already been hit the hardest due to covid, but this individual or individuals decided to book 7 tables each for 6 diners, all for yesterday using false data and telephone numbers each time with no intention of ever turning up. This was done for no other reason that this person or persons wanted to disrupt our business financially. All tables were booked through our system from 9.15 am to 9.34 am which were allocated throughout most of the day. We had to turn away 47 customers yesterday that legitimately want to come and dine with us but due to this deliberate disgusting act we had to refuse them a table. The main reason this is so frustrating is that our lovely staff lost half of their hours yesterday which they rely to live on. What hurts just as much is we had to turn away some of our elderly loyal customers who come every Tuesday evening due to this disgusting act!! I will of course personally ensure none of my staff are out of pocket due to someone’s act of stupidity. We have had to change some of the parameters in our online system to avoid this from happening again but it is just as simple as before to book a table online when you wish to do so.”
A man who was apparently murdered trying to save a child's life has had tributes paid to him. His family said they are "immensely proud" of his sacrifice. When police forced their way into a house at Denmead, in Two Mile Ash, Milton Keynes, on 26th June they found Richard Woodcock, 38, dead. Officers from Thames Valley police had been called to a disturbance at 9.40am that morning. Milton Keynes Coroner’s Court heard this week that Kelvin Odichukumma Igweani, 24, was pronounced dead at the scene after a police officer fired four shots. The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) confirmed that a two-year-old child remains in intensive care in hospital suffering from life-threatening injuries. The hearing, on Friday, heard that Mr Igweani was suspected of murdering highways officer Mr Woodcock. Mr Woodcock's family have released a statement saying “We have always been so proud of Richard and everything that he has achieved in life. We are devastated that Richard has been taken from us in such circumstances but we are also so immensely proud of the sacrifice that he has made to try and save a little boy’s life. His actions on Saturday morning were the type of man he was and that is how we would like him remembered. A lot of people loved Richard, probably more than he ever realised, and he will be a huge loss to all of his friends, family and work colleagues.” His wife went on to say “Richard it has been a blessing to share my life with you, my dearest friend, my biggest love, my soul mate. My kind, generous, funny, clever, cheeky husband. Thank you for loving me and being the best father to our children. I’ll love you and cherish our time together forever.” At the opening of the inquest into Mr Woodcock's death Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Blaik, from Thames Valley Police major crime unit, said Mr Igweani was suspected of murdering Mr Woodcock. He told how police were called to the disturbance by neighbours who reported hearing a woman screaming. He added that when officers forced their way in, they immediately saw a deceased male, who was identified as Mr Woodcock. The IOPC is investigating the circumstances surrounding the shooting.
Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *