A WOMAN with the surname Speed has been fined by a Gwent court – for speeding.

Diane Speed was charged with speeding on the  M4 around Newport.
The 53-year-old, of Church Crescent, Coedkernew, was recorded driving at 62mph between junction 23A for Magor and junction 24 for Coldra on June 18 last year.
At the time, a 50mph speed limit was in place on the stretch of the motorway.
Speed’s speeding case was heard at Gwent Magistrates’ Court on June 17. She pleaded guilty by a single justice procedure and was fined £147.
The court warned that the fine would’ve been £220 if not for her guilty plea.
Speed was also ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £34 and costs of £90. Her driving licence was endorsed with three points.
Although those attending the court on the day were in stitches of laughter whilst waiting to hear their own cases.
James Thomas told Global247news: ” A few of us were chatting outside the court whilst waiting for cases to be heard.
“The lady in question had said she was up for speeding but never mentioned her name when it came across the tannoy as the clerk called her name, everyone fell about laughing, even the court ushers couldn’t keep a straight face.
“It was the best laugh in a long time,” he said.
A man who was apparently murdered trying to save a child's life has had tributes paid to him. His family said they are "immensely proud" of his sacrifice. When police forced their way into a house at Denmead, in Two Mile Ash, Milton Keynes, on 26th June they found Richard Woodcock, 38, dead. Officers from Thames Valley police had been called to a disturbance at 9.40am that morning. Milton Keynes Coroner’s Court heard this week that Kelvin Odichukumma Igweani, 24, was pronounced dead at the scene after a police officer fired four shots. The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) confirmed that a two-year-old child remains in intensive care in hospital suffering from life-threatening injuries. The hearing, on Friday, heard that Mr Igweani was suspected of murdering highways officer Mr Woodcock. Mr Woodcock's family have released a statement saying “We have always been so proud of Richard and everything that he has achieved in life. We are devastated that Richard has been taken from us in such circumstances but we are also so immensely proud of the sacrifice that he has made to try and save a little boy’s life. His actions on Saturday morning were the type of man he was and that is how we would like him remembered. A lot of people loved Richard, probably more than he ever realised, and he will be a huge loss to all of his friends, family and work colleagues.” His wife went on to say “Richard it has been a blessing to share my life with you, my dearest friend, my biggest love, my soul mate. My kind, generous, funny, clever, cheeky husband. Thank you for loving me and being the best father to our children. I’ll love you and cherish our time together forever.” At the opening of the inquest into Mr Woodcock's death Detective Chief Inspector Stuart Blaik, from Thames Valley Police major crime unit, said Mr Igweani was suspected of murdering Mr Woodcock. He told how police were called to the disturbance by neighbours who reported hearing a woman screaming. He added that when officers forced their way in, they immediately saw a deceased male, who was identified as Mr Woodcock. The IOPC is investigating the circumstances surrounding the shooting.

Leave a Reply