Man jailed after attack on nurse that left her unconscious

A man has been jailed after assaulting a nurse as she worked at an east London hospital.

Man jailed after attack on nurse that left her unconscious: The NHS nurse was attacked as she worked in A & E at Homerton Hospital. The attack, by Prince Isaac Walker, 32, happened in the early hours of Thursday morning. Metropolitan Police said that she lost consciousness after the attack and needed treatment. Additionally, it is reported that the nurse is now on the mend and recovering at home.

Earlier, Walker appeared at Highbury Corner Magistrates’ Court yesterday (Friday). Pleading guilty to assault on an emergency worker. District Judge Gillian Allison sentenced him to 26 weeks in custody. Also in a separate incident a man has been arrested for starting a fire. And threatening staff at Leeds General Infirmary (LGI). NHS workers who are struggling to cope with the pandemic were quickly evacuated as the man had a screwdriver.

Following reports of a man who was armed with a screwdriver and threatening to start a fire, West Yorkshire Police were called to the incident. The call came in at around 6pm on Thursday evening. Reports of smoke inside the hospital saw many police and emergency vehicles gathered outside.

Police said in a statement “Police were called to the Leeds General Infirmary at about 5.54pm to a report of a man in possession of a screwdriver. Who was causing damage in a unit and had made threats, and was attempting to start a fire. The area was evacuated and officers attended, located, and arrested a man.

Later, West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service also attended the hospital and extinguished the fire inside the affected area. Which was unoccupied at the time. No-one is believed to have been injured in the incident. Presently, Police remain on scene and the suspect remains in custody.” In a separate statement from Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust a spokeswoman said. “We can confirm that there was a small fire at Leeds General Infirmary this evening.

Eventually, the fire was extinguished quickly and nobody was injured. Also, Staff and patients were evacuated from the building for a short period and police investigations into the cause of the fire are ongoing. We would like to thank our staff and the emergency services who responded quickly to the incident.  Global247News Twitter

Global247News Facebook  Global247News LinkedIn

Global247News WebWiki Review

Share on your Social Networks


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *