New COVID strain discovered in the UK

University student Libby Squire’s final moments have been caught on CCTV footage before she was raped and murdered.

Footage captures final moments of woman ‘raped and murdered’ by stranger: The 21-year-old was lured into a car park by butcher Pawel Relowicz on New Year’s Eve 2019. She had been walking in the student area of Hull whilst ‘drunk and vulnerable’. Sheffield Crown Court showed footage which showed her sitting on a wall before being approached by Mr Relowicz. He then moved out of shot in an attempt to cover his tracks. Squire, who had been refused admission to a nightclub for being to drunk, is then seen making her way unsteadily back towards home.

The prosecution said Mr Relowicz “stalks” Ms Squire in the shadows on the opposite side of the street, before darting over to intercept her shortly after midnight. The prosecution also showed footage of the couple near Mr Relowicz’ car and described the scene as ‘toing and froing’ between them. Richard Wright QC, prosecuting, told the jury “There appears to have been a period of several seconds where there was some toing and froing between the defendant and Libby.

This culminated in her entering his car from the passenger side. Precisely how she got into the vehicle cannot be clearly seen in the footage. Whether Libby was forced into the vehicle, an act that would we suggest not have been difficult given her condition at this point, or whether she was persuaded to enter it on the promise of some assistance being rendered to her may not be clear from the CCTV footage.”

A member of the public found a gold watch a few days later near to where the defendant’s car had been parked. Mr Wright said “The watch had a damaged clasp. It was identified by Libby’s mother as having belonged to her and DNA recovered from it confirmed that it was hers.

Something had caused her to lose it at about the very point on Haworth Street that she had entered the defendant’s vehicle.” On Tuesday, jurors heard details of Mr Relowicz’s early interviews after being arrested on suspicion of abducting Ms Squire in February 2019.

Her body was found seven weeks later floating in the Humber Estuary. The prosecution alleges he dumped her ‘dead or dying’ body into the river which leads out to the estuary after raping her. He told police he felt sorry for her and offered her a lift home. He insisted he had not “kidnapped anyone” and told detectives: “I walked past the girl and she says to me ‘Stop please’. She said ‘I need help’. And I was asking ‘What’s up?’.

He said she was crying and saying that she needed to go home and needed her mum. He added “She was drunk and it seems to me that either she had been taking something or somebody had given her something. She was behaving strangely.” The defendant denies charges of rape and murder. The trial continues.  Global247News Twitter

Global247News Facebook  Global247News LinkedIn

Global247News WebWiki Review

Share on your Social Networks


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *