Italian football legend's home burgled during his funeral

Reports have said that the home of Paolo Rossi, Italy’s 1982 World Cup legend, has been targeted by burglars during his funeral.

Italian football legend’s home burgled during his funeral: He passed away on Thursday aged just 64. Federica Cappelletti, his wife, arrived home from his funeral in the city of Vicenza to discover their home in Tuscany had been ransacked. Italy’s Ansa news agency reported that a watch belonging to the football great and cash had been taken during the burglary. An investigation is underway after the raid was reported to police. Before his death Rossi ran an organic farming company from his farmhouse in Poggio Cennina. In south east Florence where he lived with his family.

He was widely regarded as Italy’s best attacking player of all time. And there was widespread grief across the country on the news of his death. Thousands of mourners gathered on Saturday in Vicenza to say farewell to the legend. His coffin was carried by former team mates from the 1982 World Cup team. Including Antonio Cabrini, who said during the funeral service “I have not only lost a team mate, but also a friend and a brother.

Together we fought, we won and we sometimes lost. Always picking ourselves up even in the face of disappointment. We were part of a group, that group, our group. I didn’t think he would leave so soon.” Rossi’s coffin was placed at the Stadio Romeo Menti in Vicenza before the funeral. So that members of the public could pay their respects.


https://Global247News.com  Global247News Twitter

Global247News Facebook  Global247News WebWiki Review


Share on your Social Networks

Advertisement

Leave a Reply