Parrot saves Anton Nguyen from house fire potential death

A pet parrot has saved the life of a man from a house fire

Whilst a mans house in Brisbane Australia was gutted to the ground by a raging fire his pet parrot has saved his life.

The man’s house in Brisbane, Australia, was well alight when firefighters arrived just after 2am but Anton Nguyen had escaped without injury.

Mr Nguyen said his pet parrot, named Eric, had woken him up before the smoke detectors raised the alarm.

“I heard a bang and Eric – my parrot – he started to yell so I woke up and I smelled a bit of smoke,” he has said

“I grabbed Eric, opened the door and looked to the back of the house and saw some flames.

“I’m in shock but I’m fine,” he said.

“Everything’s alright so long as I have myself and the bird.”

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Acting Inspector Cam Thomas said the parrot had squawked “Anton! Anton!” to alert Mr Nguyen of the danger.

“There were smoke detectors but]the bird alerted before the smoke detectors went off.”

The fire had “pretty much well engulfed” the house, he added.


https://Global247News.com  Global247News Twitter

Global247News Facebook  Global247News WebWiki Review


Share on your Social Networks

Advertisement

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *