Prince William contracted COVID-19 earlier on this year but did not announce it publicly so as “not to worry anyone”.
It is believed that he was suffering from the virus back in April, at the same time as his father, Prince Charles, was disgnosed.
Although William has never said publicly that he had the virus he did tell an observer at a Royal engagement that “There were important things going on and I didn’t want to worry anyone.”
Kensington Palace were contacted on Sunday and refused to coment, although they did not deny the story.
A source close to the Prince told a daily newspaper that he was “hit prety hard” by the virus which, they said, “knocked him for six”.
William followed all the guidlines after being treated by Palace doctors and self isolated at his family home, Anmer Hall in Norfolk.
Despite being ill he still carried on with phone and video call engagements while self isolating. At the Pride of Britain awards last week the Prince and his wife, Kate, praised NHS staff for their “compassion and humility” and presented staff with an award at St Bartholomew’s Hospital in London.
William said “The devastating impact of the coronavirus pandemic has reminded us as a nation of how much we owe to the thousands of NHS workers who have gone far beyond the call of duty this year. They have worked tirelessly around the clock, with humility and compassion, in the most challenging of circumstances, putting their own lives on the line to help others. It is fitting that we are here today at Britain’s oldest hospital to thank and celebrate our NHS staff and to honour them with a Pride of Britain Award.”
Share on your Social Networks