A murder investigation has been launched after a man was stabbed to death in the street in east London.
Emergency services rushed to the scene in Ilford shortly before 9.30pm on Friday.
The victim, believed to be aged in his 30s, was found suffering from a stab injury in Southdown Crescent.
Police and paramedics battled to save him but he was pronounced dead at the scene just over an hour later.
A Met Police spokesman said no arrests had been made.
He added: “Officers are in the process of informing next of kin. Formal identification awaits.
“A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.
“A crime scene remains in place. Enquiries into the circumstances continue.”
The stabbing has shocked local residents in Ilford as West Ham United supporter Gary Catlin told Global247news: ” Yes its a tough area, always has been and always will be but knife crime is bang out of order”
“It seems to be happening more and more around here with the younger generation and a lot of the old school lads are not happy about it believe me!”
The knifeman now appears to be on the run as Gary said: “Word is he has got out of town, probably tried to flee the country to somewhere like Spain, thats the rumours doing the rounds anyway”
Share on your Social Networks