Forgotten Tampon Nearly Kills 24 year old Amy Williams From Essex

Amy Williams, 24, from Basildon, Essex, was close to death after she forgot about a tampon and accidentally left it inside her for five days.

Forgotten Tampon Nearly Kills 24 year old Amy Williams From Essex: Amy developed toxic shock syndrome, which then caused her body to go into septic shock, which can cause multiple organ failure and death if left untreated.

The beautiful professional PA is now sharing her story to make others aware of the dangerous risks of toxic shock syndrome and hopefully stop anyone going through what she did.

Amy said: “I had heard of toxic shock syndrome but didn’t think it would ever happen to me”

“I’d been using tampons for ten years, but I’ll never use one again now. ‘I want to warn women and young girls to be extra careful when using them.”

The near death incident took place in June 2019,  she was on a night out with her boyfriend, Samuel Mullen, 30, an IT account manager, when she went to the toilet to change her tampon.

When Amy couldn’t find the string or feel the tampon, she thought didn’t have one in, so she inserted another.

She says: ‘I was really drunk at the time and couldn’t remember if I already had one in. Plus I couldn’t locate it.’

Amy carried on changing her tampons as and when necessary. But five days later, she noticed a strong smell coming from her vagina.

She said: ‘It smelt like death and it wasn’t normal. ‘So, I got in the shower to wash, but the smell was still there after I got out and dried myself. ‘I laid down on the bed and checked inside myself.

‘I felt something with my fingernail and it dawned on me that there was a tampon inside me. I was mortified.”‘ The tampon had turned on its side and become lodged, meaning it took Amy half an hour to remove it. She nearly passed out from the pain. ‘When it came out, I felt an overwhelming rush, like I was going to faint,’ she said. ‘The tampon was black. It was disgusting.’

But even after the tampon had been removed, Amy suffered excruciating pains in her lower regions.

A few days later Amy was still feeling sick and in pain when a fellow worker at her office said she looked like death warmed up.

Amy was soon rushed to Basildon hospital with a temperature going off the scale whilst she writhed in pain.

Amy said: ‘They rushed me to a ward and hooked me up to an antibiotic drip while they took blood tests. ‘I’d told staff I’d left a tampon in for five days and they looked worried. ‘I was then informed that my CPR levels were 264, the normal amount was 5.’

At this stage, Amy’s organs had started to fail and she had gone into septic shock. Shortly after she was diagnosed with toxic shock syndrome.

‘The doctor said to me that if I’d had gone home that day, I wouldn’t have woken up,’ Amy said. ‘I was terrified. I cried to the nurse and asked her if I’d ever see my three-year-old son, Archie again.’

Amy now hopes her story of what happened to her will be a warning to other tampon users as she warned: “I couldn’t believe a tampon nearly killed me. ‘I’ll never use one again and now only use sanitary towels. ‘Please, be careful when using tampons. ‘It nearly cost me my life.’

Thankfully Amy survived and fully recovered and is now expecting her second child.

 

https://Global247News.com  Global247News Twitter

Global247News Facebook  Global247News WebWiki Review


Share on your Social Networks

Advertisement

Leave a Reply