Shots were reported to be fired on the Himalayan border between the two countries. But both sides blame each other.
More shots fired between Chinese and Indian troops: The Chinese blamed India saying they fired warning shots whilst Indian troops said it was a Chinese patrol that fired.
Specifically, the incident happened along the heavily disputed de facto border in Eastern Ladakh.
Though, according to the Chinese side, Indian troops trespassed on Chinese territory. And “brazenly made gunshot threat” when a Chinese border guard patrol came to investigate. The Chinese troops took unspecified countermeasures, Beijing said.
Afterwards a statement was issued. “The flagrant act grossly violated the agreements previously reached between the two sides. And further escalated regional tensions, which can easily lead to misunderstandings and misjudgments.” Zhang Shuili, spokesperson for the Western Theater Command of the Chinese People’s Liberation Army (PLA), said in a statement on Tuesday morning.
In the meantime, Chinese military and Foreign Ministry call on New Delhi to discipline the Indian troops involved in the incident
Later, the allegations were rejected by New Delhi. Which said at no time on Monday did its troops cross the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in the disputed area. Or use firearms. Both violations were conducted by Beijing, it said.
Hand to hand fighting was reported in June with 20 soldiers reporting being killed on the Indian side. With the Chinese government not releasing their casualty figures.
Tensions remain high with each side reporting to be probing each other’s positions.
Share on your Social Networks