Mum finds human poo on shelf when she reaches out for chicken nuggets in Iceland

A Mum who went to grab a pack of nuggets out the Iceland freezer but instead grabbed poo, was horrified.

Mum finds human poo on shelf: The incident took place in Saltcoats, North Ayrshire, and Lynne McCabe, 35, realised what happened when she touched her face and smelt it.

However Lynne was left horrified with how staff handled the situation. She told the Daily Record ‘At first they laughed and then one was kind of heaving saying “that’s disgusting”. They let me use the staff room to clean my hands.

‘They did say sorry and gave me a box of Lindor chocolate balls as an apology. I mean come on, I’m covered in poo and they give me chocolate balls to say sorry?’

It is believed the incident occurred due to an elderly woman falling ill in the store just before. Lynne added that the shop insisted they tried to clean up, although she believes the shop should have been shut and fully cleaned.

She added ‘The situation was handled terribly by staff. Who knows what kind of germs that person had and just it was lying there for hours before it was cleaned.’

Iceland have responded to the incident informing that all necessary measures were taken. ‘Upon being made aware of the incident, we immediately made plans to close our store for deep cleaning. This has now been completed and our store is open as normal.

‘We extend our apologies to the customer for the upset caused, and provided a gesture of goodwill in store.’


Read More Global247news  Global247News Twitter

Global247News Facebook  Global247News WebWiki Review


Share on your Social Networks

Advertisement

Leave a Reply