Former Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi has tested positive for the corona virus. This comes ahead of elections in September.
Silvio Berlusconi tests positive for Covid19: However, he has vowed to continue with his political activities after the diagnosis on Wednesday.
Although he has told his supporters during a video meeting that “unfortunately this has happened to me too. however, I will carry on fighting”.
Hence in a statement from his staff the 83 year old former PM and media tycoon will be self isolating. He will do this at his house in Arcore, North of Milan.
Whilst isolating he will continue to supply support for his candidates in the upcoming local elections on the 20th and 21st of September. Berlusconi’s personal physician at Milan’s San Raffaele hospital, Alberto Zangrillo, issued a statement saying. “Mr Berlusconi had tested positive although he was not showing any symptoms”
Silvio Berlusconi tests positive for Covid19 after Sardinian Holiday
He said that he had decided to take the test after returning from a holiday in Sardinia. Whilst there, there has been a sharp rise in new cases due to holidaymakers descending on it’s beaches. This period is the main holiday month of August.
Politicians from around the globe have sent Mr Berlusconi messages of support. He was Italian Prime Minister 4 times and it seems he is very well liked.
Italian media tycoon and politician Silvio Berlusconi served as Prime Minister of Italy in 4 governments. A Member of the Chamber of Deputies from 1994 to 2013 and a Member of the European Parliament since 2019, and previously from 1999 to 2001.
He has 5 children, Pier Silvio Berlusconi, Barbara Berlusconi, Luigi Berlusconi, Marina Berlusconi, Eleonora Berlusconi
Share on your Social Networks