Strict measures are being brought back to parts of Valencia. Since the state of alarm ended on June 21st the government announces.
Phase One Covid-19 lockdown for part of Valencia community: It comes after a sharp rise in Covid-19 cases in the area.
There were 34 cases per 100,000 residents in Valencia in the week ending on August 16. However, the figure has dramatically increased to an eye watering 994 cases per 100,000 in the last week.
Phase One Covid-19 lockdown for part of Valencia community
The area being locked down is Beniganim, 20 km inland from the resort of Gandia.
As of now The town will be isolated for two weeks as is routine for quarantined towns. Also the whole area will be shut off by police.
Access will be restricted and people will only be able to leave the house for supplies and for essential work.
Madrid and the Valencian President Ximo Puig, have asked people to stay home and get their supplies now.
Also, all leisure centers and bars will remain closed.
Valencia health minister Ana Barcelo said this Monday: “The rise in the coronavirus around Beniganim shows that there has been a significant transmission of the virus.
Additionally he says “The restrictions were a difficult decision but a necessary one.”
And now The Valencian government will ask people to access their website for up to date information.
Share on your Social Networks