Estepona, Spain – A couple have been arrested in relation to the burning down of a bar and club on the Costa del Sol.
Laguna Village blaze: The Laguna Village club was set ablaze last week on Saturday in dramatic videos and images.
Two Spanish nationals have been arrested in relation to the Laguna Village blaze. Apparently a small hut nearby was fed electricity illegally which detectives believe caused the blaze.
Inside the hut was evidence of an electric frying pan and fan which could have caused the fire.
The hut was totally destroyed and barely recognizable. As the fire spread it also destroyed parts of the shopping center and licked at other nearby hotels.
The couple have been charged with arson, gross negligence and fraud.
The 43 year old and 51 year have been taken into custody as the investigation continues.
This follows on from our previous story yesterday of the blaze CLICK HERE
Laguna Village on Spain’s Costa Del Sol rages on fire as emergency services dash to the devastating fire
Laguna Village is blazing on fire on Spain’s Costa del Sol and looks set to burn totally to the ground whilst emergency services tackle the blaze.
The fire is spreading widely and now the focus has turned also to a nearby petrol station. It is in danger of exploding.
Hundreds of homes are currently being evacuated. In what’s looking like one of the largest fires for a while on the Costa del Sol…..
Share on your Social Networks