Mark Chapman Denied Parole For 11th Time After Serving 40 Years For Shooting John Lennon

The man who shot dead former Beatle John Lennon has been denied parole for the eleventh time.

Mark David Chapman, 65, shot dead the former world-famous musician outside Lennon’s New York apartment in December 1980.

He is currently serving a 20-year-to-life sentence at Wende Correctional Facility in New York.

His latest parole plea was denied following an interview on August 19, the state’s Board of Parole have announced.

The state parol board have not cited as of yet their reasoning for denying parol for the 11th time since Chapman became eligible.

The former Beatle was only 40 years old when he was gunned down in Manhattan as his beloved wife Yoko Ono watched on.

Murderer Chapman, who confessed t the murder was driven by a thirst for notoriety, was first eligible for parole in 2000.

In previous parole hearings, he told how he was still receiving anguished letters about the pain he caused by murdering a revered musician.

Ono, who married Lennon in 1969, had previously opposed Chapman’s release, saying she would fear for her safety and that of Lennon’s two sons, Julian and Sean, if he were freed.

Chapman will now have to serve another two years before he can enter another case for parole. Whilst the majority of the world especially Beatles fans feel he should remain in jail forever, some feel 40 years is enough and that the killer should be released.

David Schwartz in Manhattan told Global247news today his views as he said: ” If it hadn’t been John Lennon, he would have made parole by now I believe – he’s done 40 years if he’s not a danger to society any more then I think he should be released like others are in this state”.

 


Read More Global247news  Twitter Global247news Facebook Global247News


Share on your Social Networks

Advertisement

Leave a Reply