Married at First Sight star Stacey Hampton faces 6 years jail for flouting Covid-19 laws after posing on Instagram

The Australian star of the television program was charged with failing to comply with coronavirus orders in favour of a luxury shopping trip.

26 year old Stacey Hampton was arrested upon arriving at Adelaide Airport in May after police were tipped off after a number of photos uploaded to her Instagram account showed her breaking lockdown rules.

Hampton had flown to Melbourne for what she said was ‘essential work’ but pictures on her social media showed her enjoying life to the full.

Hampton was taken into police custody – where she was held for two hours – and had stated to South Australia Police that she was doing business through her husband’s security company.

Police said this position was ‘not essential’ and told her to go home and self-isolate.

The police then followed her after she left the police station.

They allegedly watched her pick up her her two sons Kruz, two, and Kosta, four, who were separately staying at her mother and friend’s homes.

Officers then arrived at her house to give her a summons to appear on a third failure to comply with a direction charge.

In texts to a friend which were leaked Hampton said:  “They have photos of us shopping at Culture Kings and Dior. This is why I got fined”

‘Fkn form didn’t work. I’m meant to be self quarantine (sic) for 14 days. I’ll be ringing tomorrow to fight it,’ she complained upon her return on April 20.

‘They tried to say security isn’t an essential service, but I’m going to argue it, because it is.’

Hampton then displayed her arrogance to the situation by texting; ‘I’m not isolating, lol. I got s**t to do. I’m coming back next week, iso ain’t stopping me.

‘We have business to do,’ she said.

Hampton faces up to 6 years in prison and a 20,000 dollar fine if convicted of the charges.



Read More Global247news  Twitter Global247news Facebook Global247News

Share on your Social Networks


Leave a Reply