Fake emails allegedly from Netflix are hitting peoples email inboxes all over Europe.
The email which looks official offers a years premium subscription, and asks you to click on a link which takes you to an equally official looking page. Here you are asked to fill in personal details which fraudsters will use to your detriment.
Netflix state on their website:
- We would never ask for bank details in emails to customers:
- We will never ask for your personal information by texts or email.
- We will never ask for Credit or debit card numbers, Bank account details, Netflix passwords.
- We will never request payment through a 3rd party vendor or website.
- If you receive a text or email requesting any of the above, it is not from Netflix.
- Protect yourself from further risks (by changing passwords, for instance)
- Check if you can get your money back (if money has been stolen)
- Report the scam
In addition report fraud and scams via Action Fraud, the UK’s national reporting centre for fraud and internet crime
You can either call them on 0300 123 2040 or submit an enquiry on their website.
Share on your Social Networks